Is it time for a website redesign?
Published on 9th June 2023
In today's digital age, a strong online presence is more important than ever. Your website is often the first point of contact for potential customers, and it's crucial that it makes a great first impression. But what if your website is outdated, slow, or not delivering the desired results? That's where a website redesign comes in.
What is a website redesign?
A website redesign can be necessary for a lot of different reasons. Investing in a strong digital presence is essential if you want to grow your business and increase your revenue. A redesign consists of modifying and enhancing the content, structure, format, and navigation of your website with the aim of enhancing performance and increasing visitor conversions.
Your website plays a vital role in generating brand recognition and presenting your brand to potential customers. Your website must be user-friendly, engaging and informative which provides your audience with all the information they need to make an informed decision. So if you are not proud of your website or feels it does not portray your business accurately, please continue reading.
The decision to get a new website design depends on your specific circumstances, goals, and the feedback you receive from users. If you are unsure, we suggest you should consult with a professional web designer
Your goal with a website redesign
Before starting a website redesign, it's important to define your goals. What do you want to achieve with your new website? Do you want to increase traffic, generate more leads or improve the user experience? By defining your goals, you can ensure that your redesign is focused and effective.
It's important to consider your target audience and what they're looking for in a website. What information do they need, and how can you make it easy for them to find it? By understanding your audience and their needs, you can tailor your redesign to meet their expectations and provide a better user experience.
Finally, it's important to consider your brand identity and how your website can reflect it. Your website is often the first point of contact for potential customers, and it's important that it accurately reflects your brand values and messaging. By ensuring that your website aligns with your brand identity, you can build trust and credibility with your audience.
If you are unsure about your specific goals with a website redesign, we suggest you should consult with a professional web designer.
Does your website need a redesign?
If you're wondering whether your website needs a redesign, there are eight points to look out for. If any of the these reasons resonate with you, it's worth considering the assistance of a web designer (such as ourselves) to support you in this website redesign.
1. Outdated design: If your website has an outdated or unappealing design, it's time for a refresh. A modern and visually appealing website makes a positive impression on your visitors. Did you know users form an opinion about a website in 0.05 seconds?
2. Poor user experience: If users find it difficult to navigate your website, locate information, or complete desired actions (such as making a purchase or contacting you) they will quickly lose interest and leave. A user-friendly website should have a clear navigation menu, easy-to-read content and a consistent design.
3. Non-responsive design: With the increasing use of mobile devices, having a website that is not mobile-friendly will mean you're missing out on a big chunk of potential customers. A responsive website is essential for SEO too as Google gives preference to mobile-friendly website in search results. Around 94% of website visitors judge a website based on responsive web design.
4. Slow loading speed: A slow website is frustrating for your users and can lead to a high bounce rate. You can do things like compressing images or optimising the code but sometimes a complete website overhaul may be necessary to improve performance. According to research, 47% of users won’t wait longer than two seconds for a website to load.
5. Limited functionality: If your current website lacks essential features or functionality that would benefit your business or your users, it may be worth considering a new website that can better meet your needs.
6. Branding changes: If your brand identity has evolved significantly, your website should reflect those changes. A new website can help align your online presence with your updated branding..
7. SEO optimisation: If your current website is not optimised for search engines, it may be challenging for potential customers to find you online. A new website can incorporate SEO best practices from the ground up.
8. Competitor analysis: If your competitors have recently updated their websites and improved their online presence, it might be worth considering a new website to stay competitive in your industry.
A website redesign will address these issues, by taking a fresh approach to your website, you can improve its functionality, aesthetics and performance which results in a more engaging and effective online presence. So if you are experiencing any of the above issues, it's time to get in contact with a web designer.
View some website redesigns by it'seeze
What's included with an it'seeze website redesign?
A fresh new design for your website that's modern and professional
Faster load times
New premium high quality stock photography to help bring your website to life.
Integration of your social media to encourage engagement
A general website health check to fix any broken links, spelling mistakes, etc.
A fully responsive design so that your website works brilliantly on mobile phones.
A ‘privacy by design’ approach to ensure your website is GDPR-compliant.
Share this post: